Organic Food Production Act, 7 U.S.C. §§ 6501-6522
- 7 C.F.R. Part 205, National Organic Program (NOP), additional regulations used to administer NOP can be found here.
The Animal Welfare Act, 7 U.S.C. § 54
- USDA, 9 C.F.R. Ch 1, Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS): APHIS also governs the deregulation of GE Crops
Plant Protection Act (PPA), 7 U.S.C. §§ 7701-86; Title VI of the Agriculture Protection Act P.L. 106-224
- USDA, 7 C.F.R. Part 340: Introduction of Organism & Products Altered or Produced Through Genetic Engineering Which are Plant Pests or Which There is Reason to Believe are Plant Pests Plant Variety Protection Act, 7 U.S.C. §§ 2321-2582
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, ad Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), 7 U.S.C. Chp. 6
- US EPA, 40 C.F.R. Parts 152 & 174: Pesticide Registration & Classification; 40 C.F.R. Part 172: Experimental Use Permits
Federal Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), 21 U.S.C. Chp. 9
- see Legislative History of the Federal Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act & Its Amendments on HeinOnline
- USFDA, Consultation Procedures under FDA’s 1992 Statement of Policy (1997).
Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), 15 U.S.C. Chp. 53
- USEPA, 40 C.F.R. Part 725: Reporting Requirements & Review Processes for Microorganisms National Environmental Policy Act, 42 U.S.C. § 4321 et seq.
Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. § 1251 et seq.
- USEPA, Implementation Guidance on CAFO Regulations.
Additionally the EPA has created a matrix of laws that could affect agricultural producers available here.