Skip to Main Content
Pedagogy: Short Articles
- Sarah Brown, Race on Campus: You've Embraced Inclusive Teaching. But Is It Working?, The Chronicle of Higher Education, May 4, 2021.
- Katherine Mangan, Race on Campus: How to Be a More Inclusive Mentor, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Apr. 27, 2021.
- Min Hyoung Song, Without Asian American Studies, We Can’t Understand American Racism, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Apr. 5, 2021.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette, Stop Ignoring Microaggressions Against Your Staff, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Mar. 8, 2021.
- Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Suggestions for Teaching About Race, Inside Higher Ed, Aug. 12, 2020.
- Beckie Supiano, Teaching: When Students Resist Learning About Racism, The Chronicle of Higher Education, July 23, 2020.
- Derisa Grant, Why Classroom Conversations About Diversity and Identity Shouldn't Be Framed as 'Difficult,' Inside Higher Ed, July 15, 2020.
- Beth McMurtrie, Teaching: Readers Share Ideas on Inclusive and Anti-Racist Teaching, The Chronicle of Higher Education, July 2, 2020.
- Beth McMurtrie, Teaching: Talking With Students About Racism, The Chronicle of Higher Education, June 18, 2020.
- MarYam Hamedani, Hazel Rose Markus & Paula Moya, Pushing Back Against Racism and Xenophobia on Campuses, Inside Higher Ed, May 14, 2020.
Pedagogy: Scholarly Articles
- Venus E. Evans-Winters & Dorothy E. Hines, Unmasking White Fragility: How Whiteness and White Student Resistance Impacts Anti-Racist Education, 5(1) Whiteness and Education 1 (2020).
- Nantiya Ruan, Papercuts: Hierarchical Microaggressions in Law Schools, 31 Hastings Women's L.J. 3 (2020).
- Jennifer Akamine Phillips, Nate Risdon, Matthew Lamsma, Angelica Hambrick & Alexander Jun, Barriers and Strategies by White Faculty Who Incorporate Anti-Racist Pedagogy, 3(2) Race and Pedagogy Journal: Teaching and Learning for Justice 1 (2019).
- M. Brielle Harbin, Amie Thurber & Joe Bandy, Teaching Race, Racism, and Racial Justice: Pedagogical Principles and Classroom Strategies for Course Instructors, 4(1) Race and Pedagogy Journal: Teaching and Learning for Justice 1 (2019).
- Derald Wing Sue et al., Disarming Racial Microaggressions: Microintervention Strategies for Targets, White Allies, and Bystanders, 74(1) American Psychologist 128 (2019).
- Kyoko Kishimoto, Anti-Racist Pedagogy: From Faculty’s Self-Reflection to Organizing Within and Beyond the Classroom, 21(4) Race Ethnicity and Education 540 (2018).
- Ronald A. Berk, Microaggressions Trilogy. Part I: Why Do Microaggressions Matter?, 31(1) Journal of Faculty Development 63 (2017). Part II: Microaggressions in the Academic Workplace, 31(2) Journal of Faculty Development 69 (2017). Part III: Microaggressions in the Classroom, 31(3) Journal of Faculty Development 95 (2017).
- Robin DiAngelo, What Does It Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy: REVISED EDITION, 497 Counterpoints (2016).
- Sean Darling-Hammond & Kristen Holmquist, Creating Wise Classrooms to Empower Diverse Law Students: Lessons in Pedagogy from Transformative Law Professors, 24 Nat'l Black L.J. 1 (2015).
- Ferguson and Its Impact on Legal Education Symposium, 65 The Journal of Legal Education no. 2 (2015).
- Kathryn Young, Myron Anderson & Saran Stewart, Hierarchical Microaggressions in Higher Education, 8(1) Journal of Diversity in Higher Education 61 (2015).
- Su L. Boatright-Horowitz, Marisa E. Marraccini, Yvette Harps-Logan, Teaching Antiracism: College Students' Emotional and Cognitive Reactions to Learning About White Privilege, 43(8) Journal of Black Studies 893 (2012).
- Derald Wing Sue et al., Racial Microaggressions and Difficult Dialogues on Race in the Classroom, 15(2) Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology 183 (2009).
- Priya Kandaswamy, Beyond Colorblindness and Multiculturalism: Rethinking Anti-Racist Pedagogy in the University Classroom, Radical Teacher, no. 80 at 6 (2007).
- Anne E. Wagner, Unsettling the Academy: Working Through the Challenges of Anti‐Racist Pedagogy, 8(3) Race Ethnicity and Education 261 (2005).
- Alda M. Blakeney, Antiracist Pedagogy: Definition, Theory, and Professional Development, 2(1) Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy 119 (2005).